Okay this kind of frustrates me...just a tiny bit!


  Alright hunters and huntresses I have posted before here that I recently made a character that focuses on ranged weapons mainly the HBG and LBG. This was just for fun right to kinda do something new since I had always played previous games as either dual blades,greatsword,or hammer! It's been fun an I took the time to play with the weapons and get used to the controls before doing some of the offline quests. You know basic stuff right? None of that crazy stuff where I have like all these awesome skills no...NOT YET! But sometimes I go online and as all of you have read...hopefully...I don't judge people by the way they play a game. If you want to cheat go ahead if you want to test out a weapon online go ahead! But...there comes a point when the way a person plays bothers me! I can't do anything about it but I can rant! This is my blog and so help me I am going to rant!

  A few moments ago I went online to do some of the HR4 quests since I had just reached that point! This is when the players start showing skill rather than getting by with the weapons and armor they made from doing online quests before the offline ones! Well I entered this hunters gathering hall and you know waited a bit. I'm covered in Tigrex armor and I was hoping to do a few of the simpler high rank quests just to get a new set right? Well I enter this room and I wait for the host to get his quest! He does...and it's a God forsaken Pink Rathian! I have faced it before as you can see here! Now I was already familiar with its attack style and the guy I was in a group with seemed like he knew what he was doing! I'm going to assume this was a urgent quest for him to get to HR5 because well...it was a pain to do! First ten minutes of the quest,this guy is using an Insect Glaive by the way,he was getting his butt handed to him. Now it would have made sense if it was the Pink Rathians stupid whirling tail attack or that talon strike it does that is like a freaking homing missile! But no...he kept getting hit AND carted by the easiest attack to dodge...the SINGLE fireball!

  Now it's fine to get carted once in a while so I assumed when he got back it wouldn't happen again right? Nope! Walks in,gets poisoned,then gets hit by a fireball attack! Second cart! At this point I have no hope at all! I still try to do my best right? I managed to cut the tail using the slice s,break it's face,mount it and break its back,and the guy kept doing that jump attack to try to mount the Pink Rathian. He died because of that. I don't know how many times he TRIED to mount it but he kept getting smacked around in midair! The last time he tried to mount it he got smacked with the roar it does before going into rage mode and then while he was standing got back handed with a basic charge attack. Third cart!

  Now what frustrates me isn't that he was new to the game,new to the weapon,or new to facing this monster. Because as you can read on my pink rathian post...I fucking hate the damn monster and it gives me trouble as well! No...what frustrates me,and this isn't rage or anger,it's just I guess disappointment? That I went through the trouble of NOT dying and doing my best only to get a "QUEST FAILED" at the end! It might also have been because the hunter and I were only in a two man group! But still! I have only started to fail quests in HR4! Not once before did I ever fail any! I guess this is what happens when players are used to things being easy and then BAM smack in the face from the small spike in difficulty! The guy left the room before I could ask him what happened or if he was new so I decided I might as well write about it. Take a little breather and then get back in the game! Have any of you had an experience like this? Where you are doing awesome at not dying and dishing out epic dodges,blocks,and combos and then BAM someone gets carted three times? Feel free to comment your story! Happy hunting! :)
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment